Monday, June 02, 2008

Road Trip to Sungai Lembing.


Sungai Lembing was one of the largest, longest and deepest subterranean tin mine in the world. It is also the place where my mom was born. Lembing is a famous tin mining town near Kuantan. Today many of the wooden shoplots are closed and the younger geneation are moving away. That explains why my grandma and maternal family are staying in Kuantan now. The town now is in decline although it was once the richest town in Pahang, the reason might be there's too many floods happened there before and no one dare to risk their life and belongings there anymore. And my mom said the flood will cover up the buildings. Besides human lifes, most of the wooden shop lots and kampung houses are in a bad condition now. Some of them were destroyed too!

I went there last Sunday with my mom, eldest uncle and family! The motive is to introduce the younger us their old home and their childhood life there. They showed me their old school, place they used to play and everything they used to do there. It was fun really. They let me know that I'm a lucky daughter who enjoys luxurious life in a big town like KL and not being a kampung girl like a katak di bawah tempurung.


Some shoplots and over there! Look, there's visitors from everywhere such as KL, Singapore and Johor. Where? Haha look at the car plates lorh!

Here's the very famous Ketchup noodle from Lembing I'm talking about! I can't miss it everytime I come back! Anyways I still can eat it in Kuantan town, no needa go all the way there, but still the original is the best. =)

Alright guys! You don't need me to tell you what is this right! Hahah! The best best best cha siuuuuuuuuu I ever had before! (In kuantan lah!) But still very the meat is very juicy and sweet!

You can't believe how good it is! Although it's not nicely served in a nice plate, this is one best Siu Yok! I know you guys hate me! I surely do! Btw girls especially Rachel and Cass, regret for not coming to Kuantan with me anot! Hmph! It doesn't only melt in your mouth, it also melts in your heart! =D

And the dragon fruit jelly matches my purple nails!


The Sungai Lembing Museum!
Besides, I also visited the Sungai Lembing Museum to know more about the history of Sg Lembing's glorious days. It displays various collections of mining paraphernalias used in underground mining. Interesting items include a drilling machine, railway track, safety helmet and furnitures belonging to the tin mine manager’s office.. The underground tunnels are not stable now and no longer safe for visit.

But I did visited it anyways! What! This is the fake one only lah! Hahahh! You think I dare to risk myself inside the tunnel mehhh. =D


Guess what is this. Look like the bomb thingy right?

No it's not! It's fire extinguisher! Hahahahah! Unbelievable, no?


Apart from the Sungai Lembing Museum, there are other attractions as the area is endowed with mountains, waterfalls, and rivers!


The Hanging Bridge!

Sungai Lembing have a few hanging bridge to connect the people from the other side of the river to the main town. It is used by the local to walk and you can even ride a motorbike on this bridge!



More picture of Sungai Lembing hanging bridge and us! When we were up there there's people running and shaking the bridge to scare us! Of course the bridge is build to last a long time but it's very very scary you know! When you look down especially! Urgh! My uncle and mom were one of them who shake the bridge too! Such naughty kids! Tsk tsk!

The Nature Scenery!

Some pretty views I took! You see the hanging bridge! Very long right! And I love this picture alot!

Some wooden Kampung houses!

Isn't it beautiful!

I took this lovely shoot when I was jungle trekking. Nice right nice right?

Okay I am not bragging this time but my uncle said there was one 30 feet Python glide out from this hole before and it took away some life there and at last it was killed by the people there too.



Okay my uncle lied. Not me! =D

No comments: